Terms and Conditions
Please review these policies carefully as they are the terms of sale for services that govern your Application for Membership or Conference Registrations at MTAQ.
They set out your rights and obligations with respect to your purchases, including important limitations and exclusions, such as conference and workshop refunds.
Your placement of an Application for Services at MTAQ constitutes your agreement that these policies apply to the Application, so be certain you understand them before you place your Application, enroll in a Conference or Renew your membership.
Importantly, the rights described in this policy in respect of refunds and are in addition to the statutory rights to which you may be entitled under the Trade Practices Act 1974 and other applicable Australian consumer protection laws and regulations.
1. About these Terms and Conditions
- In these terms and conditions "we" and "us" mean The Marine Teachers Association of Queensland, and "you" means you the member.
- Words spelt with initial capital letters are defined terms which, for your ease of reference, are set out at the end of the terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions together with your Membership Application or Conference Registration constitute the entire Contract between us and you for the supply of Services offered by MTAQ.
- No other terms and conditions will apply. The Contract cannot be varied unless we agree to vary it in writing or by email.
2. Australian Sales Only
- We only offer membership within Australia.
3. Hours of Operation
- If you would like any information the best way is to send us an email to email@example.com.
4. Applying for membership or conference registration
- You can only apply for membership or conference registration online. However, if you do not wish to supply your credit card details, you can do so over the phone. As we are a voluntary association and our office operates two days a week, we suggest you call in advance or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will then be emailed a confirmation and we will issue you with a Web Membership Number.
- By applying for membership, you make an offer to us to purchase the services we offer as set out in the goals of our association on these terms and conditions. We may or may not accept your application at our discretion. If we accept your application or conference registration, we will notify you of our acceptance by mail or email.
- If we cannot accept your application or registration we will contact you by telephone or email.
5. Supply of services
- Subject to these terms and conditions, we will supply to you the services outlined in the goals of the association.
6. Payment Methods
- MTAQ allows you to apply for membership or conferences using any of the payment methods described below.
- Please carefully read our policies with respect to payment methods before you place your Application or Conference Registration details.
- MTAQ accepts only Visa or Mastercard cards with a billing address within Australia. If you wish to provide your credit card information by phone, please call us or email us prior to make arrangements.
- You may be required to provide further identification for additional security reference checks.
- You must pay the price payable in Australian dollars as indicated on your confirmation.
- We will email your invoice to the address indicated on your Application for Membership or Conference Registration when you submit your form. Your invoice will be your proof of purchase.
Cheques and money orders
- MTAQ accepts Personal and Company Cheques as well as money orders as valid forms of payment. If you wish to pay by cheque the cheque must be payable as follows:
- The Marine Teachers Association of Queensland Inc, and include a copy of your printed invoice from our web page.
- MTAQ does not accept cash.
7. Please mail your payment to:
Please make payable, The Marine Teachers Association of Queensland Inc and post to P.O. Box 1258 Coolum Beach Qld 4573.
- MTAQ accepts Direct Deposits as a valid form of payment. If you would like to use Direct Deposit to pay for your order, please follow these steps:
- Print out your invoice from our web page
- Electronically transfer the total dollar amount of your order referencing your name and invoice number to:
- SUNCORP BSB: 484 799 Account #: 4510 63090
- Account Name: Marine Teachers Association of Qld Inc
- Reference your invoice number
Processing time varies among banking institutions and can be delayed. Please allow 2 business days for the processing of your Direct Deposit.
- MTAQ de-registered for GST as of the 1st of April 2017.
- MTAQ endeavours to offer you good value for money.
- MTAQ reserves the right to change prices for products displayed on the MTAQ website at any time. This is especially true of conferences as numbers often dictate prices.
- Cancellation Policy
- If you are unable to attend conference due to sudden illness or family reasons, MTAQ will attempt to refund your registration fees.
- MTAQ does dot accept liability for any airfares or travel and strongly recommends that you take out private travel insurance.
- Refund policy
- If you double pay due to confusing caused by using the web site or administration error, we will refund you in full.
10. Service Availability
- Estimated processing time of Memberships and Conference Registrations is the length of time it will take us to validate your credit card, assemble the right services and process your application.
- MTAQ will issue you with a password and confirmation details on payment. This will allow access to the members area of the website until the management committee accepts your membership application or conference registration.
- MTAQ endeavours to stay at the forefront of educational advancement, but as a not for profit association, all services are manufactured by volunteers. For this reason, MTAQ reserves the right to discontinue services without notice.
11. Delivery of Your Services
- We will not offer any services outside Australia.
- Applications or registrations placed on the weekend or on a public holiday will not begin payment processing until the next business day, however as we are a voluntary association, it may take up to 30 days for us to process your payment details.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to process your application or registration within 30 working days of the date of issue of your Application or Registration Confirmation; however, we do not guarantee that we will deliver within this time frame.
- If we are unable to deliver your Services to you within 60 days of the date of issue of your Order Confirmation, you will have the option to cancel your Order.
12. Curriculum exchange copyright and downloading
- Australian Copyright Laws for Fair Dealing to schools and education institutions apply. Where material is copied under a CAL audit, declaration of details must be made to ensure payment to copyright owners is made. Your school Principal can help you in this regard.
13. Proof of membership or registration
- Once your application for conference registration has been accepted you will receive a conformation email. You can then check your registration in the, “My Registrations” section of the members area.
14. Other Terms and Conditions
- MTAQ is not responsible for typographic errors.
- MTAQ reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of sale at any time.
15. Our Liability
- These terms and conditions set out the full extent of our obligations and liabilities in respect of the supply of the Publications and performance of the Services and there are no warranties, conditions or other terms that are binding on us. Any warranty, condition or other term concerning the Publications or Services which might otherwise be implied into or incorporated in the Contract by statute, common law or otherwise (including without limitation any implied term as to quality or fitness for purpose) is hereby expressly excluded.
- Notwithstanding the condition above, nothing in the Contract excludes, restricts or modifies any condition, warranty, right or liability implied into this Contract (including any condition, warranty, right or liability imposed by the Trade Practices Act 1974) where to do so is illegal or would render any provision of this Contract void.
- Subject to the conditions above, we will not be liable under the Contract for any loss of income, loss of profits, loss of contracts, loss of data or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise. It is understood that members are employed by Government Departments and all safety and liability State Government Legislation supersedes any liability contained in this contract or MTAQ Publication.
- Specifically, members are NOT permitted to implement any procedure in the MTAQ sample ships management system or Marine Safety Day Manuals, that may be contrary to Education Queensland’s Curriculum Activity Risk Assessments or may, in the opinion of the member, put the safety of students at risk.
16. Data Protection
- The Contract will be governed by the laws of Queensland.
- Both we and you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that state.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of the Contract shall not adversely affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Neither our failure or your failure to enforce any term of the Contract constitutes a waiver of such term. Such failure shall in no way affect the right later to enforce such term.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered or incurred by you arising from our delay in fulfilling or failure to fulfill or otherwise discharge any of our obligations under the Contract, to the extent that such delay or failure is caused by any circumstance beyond our reasonable control
18. Defined Terms
In these terms and conditions:
"MTAQ website" means our website for members in Australia located at http://www.marineteachers.org.au
"Condition" means a condition contained in these terms and conditions.
"Contract" means these terms and conditions together with your Application or Registration details.
"Conference" means conference, workshop or meeting organised by MTAQ to achieve its goals.
"Invoice" means the invoice issued by us to you showing the price of the Services and which is your proof of purchase.
"Application or Registration" means an application for membership or registration for Conference attendance placed by you in accordance with these terms and conditions.
"Application or Registration Confirmation" means the order confirmation issued by us to you indicating acceptance of your Application or Registration.
“Publications” means documents such as the ships management system, curriculum exchange documents or schools coxswains kit found in the publications section or the member’s area of the website.
"Registration or Application Form" means the electronic order form on the MTAQ Website.
"Renew" means to reapply for membership in the category you were accepted in when you joined.
"Services" means any services relating to the Goals of Our Association (including without limitation warranty and telephone support services) that we agree to supply to you on these terms and conditions.
This policy was reviewed on 20th October 2011.