It is an expectation of the Secretary to:
Complete the roles as outlined in the rules of the association. The secretary's functions include, but are not limited to:
- Calling meetings of the association (at least 3), including preparing notices of a meeting and of the business to be conducted at the meeting in consultation with the president of the association.
- Keeping minutes of each meeting ensuring chairperson signs minutes
- Keeping copies of all correspondence and other documents relating to the association.
- Maintaining the register of members of the association by delegating this to the office administration and ensuring correct procedures are followed such as;
- Check that the Public Liability insurance has been paid
- Censor/delete member forum postings.
- Edit all correspondence
- Edit website content to ensure integrity
- Review what information is being sent to new and renewal members
- Upload minutes of meetings to web site
- Deal with membership issues such as lost passwords
- News letter to be sent bi-monthly
- Generate membership invoices and mail
- Seek and receive newsletter articles together liaising with publicity officer