What MTAQ does
MTAQ is a not for profit organisation which networks its members to coordinate activities and lobby governments, industry and interested individuals to support marine education in Queensland.
Who are we and what do we do?
- MTAQ is a group of over 400 members who have established a long-term commitment to:
- fostering curiosity, imagination, knowledge and enthusiasm for 'real world' science and vocational maritime studies for Primary, Middle and Secondary school students
- establishing community and government partnership projects to enhance these phases of learning
- The end result of these partnerships is an impressive list of publications, professional development programs, agreements, certificates, memorandums of understanding, marine curriculum exchange, workshops, conferences developed over the years as a testament we can achieve our goals.
- In 2004, Minister of Education Anna Bligh awarded MTAQ members major awards for syllabus development.
- In 2010, Minister for Education and Training Mr Geoff Wilson awarded our Association the prestigious Doherty Award for fostering community and government partnerships.